GMI Construction Group is recruiting new Responsible Business Partners to work in Yorkshire/Humber and the North East.
Do you want to join a brilliant team in a growing business that has already secured £340m of pipeline for 2021/22? Please check out the details below.
Please upload your CV on the About Us page > > > https://bit.ly/3Kv1HQP
The Responsible Business Partner is responsible for coordinating and delivering Employment and Skills Plans (ESPs) in line with bid commitments and timescales, for the relevant sub-region within GMI Construction PLC – Yorkshire/Humber/North East Region.
• Manage a caseload of live projects, working with site teams to ensure that ESPs are delivered in line with bid and client commitments.
• Coordinate ESP activities, including work experience, site visits, school workshops, careers fairs, liaising with internal and external stakeholders where applicable.
• Record all activities and produce case studies.
• Responsible for monthly reporting to clients.
• Develop & maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders (schools/colleges/3rd sector organisations/clients) to support ESP delivery.
• Regular reporting of progress against ESP targets to internal and external stakeholders.
• Work with HR and L&D Departments to assist and facilitate Apprentice Recruitment Events
• Monitor, mentor all apprentices in the business starting from day one and carry out 12 weeks reviews
• Liaise with Colleges in collaboration with the L&D Department to ensure quarterly reviews are in place with the training provider
Main Role Responsibilities
• Identify and engage with local employment and skills initiatives to support ESP delivery, e.g. funding opportunities, grants, etc.
• Represent GMI on local committees and focus groups to promote education, employment, and skills development.
• Attend and promote GMI at employment and careers events across the region.
• Work with the GMI marketing team to identify PR opportunities in relation to employment and skills activities, producing case studies, reports, etc.
Experience & Qualifications
What you can do:
• Previous experience in delivery and understanding social value, community engagement and societal issues.
• Comfortable with delivering educational workshops.
• Previous evidence of working to tight deadlines.
• Confident in analysing and interpreting numerical data.
• Excellent English verbal and written communication skills are essential.
• Computer literate with the ability to use Microsoft office 365 packages i.e. word, excel, outlook, & teams
• Willingness and ability to learn new technology and relevant software packages / Competence in using the relevant business systems to suit the job role.
• Strong communication & influencing skills.
• Prior experience of managing / mentoring & supporting young people or apprentices.
• Understanding TOM’s measuring tool.